Job Title: Youth Director/Worship Technical Director
This combined position will play a key role in both youth ministries and the technical aspect of worship. This person will share the good news of Jesus Christ to all persons, and communicate the joy, justice, grace, and acceptance that following Christ brings. In overseeing youth ministries this individual will provide leadership for programs and missions for youth. In overseeing the technical aspect of worship, this person will be responsible for planning, managing and implementing all aspects of the technical side of worship, including, but not limited to live-streaming, video recording, audio and video, lighting, all multi-media including worship slides and all other technical arts programs. Because of the nature of this position, this person must be able to multi-task, work independently and within a team, prioritize and manage their own time effectively.
- Embrace Christian discipline and United Methodist doctrine and theology.
- Partner and work in concert with the gifts and talents of other staff members and church community members to maintain a teamwork mentality.
- Value others by treating all with respect and dignity.
- Maintain a positive, cooperative attitude in the workplace.
- Manage time well and maximize productivity.
- Make proper and effective use of social media which reflects positively on the Church.
- Leadership experience in Youth Ministry and technical aspects of worship required.
- A vision for and a demonstrated ability to execute youth ministry within the parameters of the church
- A thorough understanding of all technical aspects of worship including Wifi management, audio equipment, computer programs related to worship (I.e. Media Shout), lighting boards and systems, video recording and livestream equipment, programs and platforms.
- Experience with worship planning software (I.e Planning Center)
- Excellent conflict management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization abilities.
- Proven ability to work effectively with youth, diverse individuals, and teams of volunteers.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in related field(s) preferred.
Contact Cathy Herschelman at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.