FAITH – HOPE – LOVE IN ACTION
The “Purpose of UMW” is to create small groups (Circles) that provide opportunities to promote spiritual growth and supportive fellowship and to have programs that develop awareness, encourage action and promote advocacy on behalf of women, children, and youth locally and globally.
We are a Community of Women…
inviting you to join us as we live our faith in a caring community of fun and fellowship.
We are Mission Oriented…
As we support local, national, and global mission projects for women, children, and youth with our prayers, offerings, and participation.
We are Purposeful…
As we strive to know God and to experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ; to develop a creative, supportive fellowship, and to expand concepts of mission through participation in the global ministries of the church.
We are Active…
By having monthly Circle meetings and four Unit meetings per year. The Gertrude van Steenbergh Sewing Group supports the Methodist Children’s Home by making quilts for graduating seniors.
Circle Meeting Information
- Meets at 10:30 AM on the 2nd Wednesday: East Campus/LEC Study
- Contact – Irene Albright @ 561-392-0393
- Meets at 7:30 PM on the 3rd Wednesday: In members’ homes
- Contact – Barbara Woodmore @ 561-909-8906 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meets at 7:00 PM on the 2nd Thursday: West Campus/Fellowship Hall
- Contact – Bette Hinesley at (706) 499-5345
Gertrude van Steenbergh Sewing Group
- Meets at 9:00 AM on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday: East Campus/LEC Activity Room
Questions? Contact Pam Davis.