Come join us to get acquainted with other women—to have fun, to live your faith in community, to discuss ways to help women and children and to support mission projects locally, nationally, and globally.
United Methodist Women is Mission Oriented
This means a lot of different things. We’re always learning what is happening to people everywhere. We support mission personnel with prayer and offerings and support mission projects locally, nationally, and globally. We assure ministries to women and ministries to children—globally.
More than a Million Women
This unique group has been around for more than 100 years. We circle the globe with networks and span the nation with local units.
We are Purposeful
Our purpose is to know God and to experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ; to develop a creative, supportive fellowship; and to expand concepts of mission through participation in the global ministries of the church.
Our mission is to fulfill the “Purpose of UMW” by creating small groups (Circles) that will provide opportunities to promote spiritual growth and supportive fellowship; and by having programs to develop awareness and encourage action and advocacy on behalf of women, children, and youth—locally and globally.
We have five different circles that meet monthly at different scheduled times so you’ll be sure to find one that works for you. The Gertrude Sewing Group supports the United Methodist Children’s Home with their quilts.
Meets the 2nd Wednesday at 10:30am on the East Campus/LEC
Contact: Irene Albright 561-392-0393
Meets the 3rd Wednesday at 7:30pm in homes
Contact: Barbara Woodmore 561-909-8906
Meets the 2nd Thursday—7:00pm on the West Campus
Contact: Janet Hames 954-270-0258
Gertrude Sewing Group
Meets the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays at 9:00am on the East Campus/LEC
Contact: Jane Hill 561-395-7694
Unit Meetings are held seven times a year. They include a program and a social time. All are welcome to attend!
Unit Meeting Schedule:
- February: First Tuesday, 6:00pm, Dinner/Program, West Campus Fellowship Hall
- March: First Tuesday, 6:00pm, Dinner/Program, East Campus Music Suite
- April: First Tuesday, 6:00pm, Dinner/Program, West Campus Fellowship Hall
- September: First Friday, 6:00pm, Dinner/Program, East Campus Gathering Place
- October: Second Friday, 6:00pm, Dinner/Program, East Campus Gathering Place
- November: First Tuesday, 6:00pm, Dinner/Program, West Campus Fellowship Hall
- December: Second Saturday, 10:00am Christmas Celebration, East Campus Gathering Place
For more information, please contact Barbara Woodmore, Membership Chair, at 561-909-8906.