FUMC’s Christian Progressives Book Group gathers once a month to discuss a book by one of the leading Progressive theologians at work today. Christian Progressivism occurs along a spectrum from liberal to moderate, and our book selections touch on all parts of the spectrum in an effort to create engaging conversation and strengthen our faith as individuals. If you’re already a Progressive or simply want to know more about what that means, we are a friendly, informal group and would love to welcome you.
For more information contact Claire Vande Polder at 561.757.5331.
Conversation and fellowship! Everyone welcome!
An open discussion held the first Tuesday and third Wednesday of each month at 7:00pm at the following locations:
First Tuesdays at The Biergarten, 309 Via De Palmas #90, Boca Raton
Third Thursdays at Barrel of Monks, 1141 S. Rogers Circle #5, Boca Raton
Contact Pastor Marcus for more information.
Our Couple’s Group targets couples in committed relationships who desire to deepen their relationship with God and each other. Couples meet for Bible study and discussion on Friday evenings from 7:00 – 9:00 pm in the LEC Center Room, with an occasional potluck dinner at 6:00 pm in the Small Dining Room. Childcare is available upon request. Contact Rose Sunbury for more information.
* Men on Mission (MOM’s Group), led by Bob Phillips, is a group of men who get together over lunch for Bible study and personal reflection. The group meets on Tuesdays from 11:30 am – 12:40 pm in the Small Dining Room. All men are welcome!
* The Men’s Group, led by Tom Tift, is a diverse group of men who meet over lunch to pray, study, and grow closer to God and each other. Men are invited to join the group on Thursdays from noon-1:00 pm in the Fellowship Hall.
* Women’s Bible Study provides fellowship, Bible study and discussion. It is held on Thursday mornings from 9:30 – 11:30 am in the Small Dining Room.
* Spiritual Friends, a book review group, meets on Thursday mornings from 10:30 am – noon in LEC Building, 2nd floor. The group is informal, friendly, easy going and rotates leadership.
* Women’s Bible Study meets over lunch for Bible study and discussion on Wednesdays from 11:15 am – 12:30 pm in the Fellowship Hall.
Life happens! Maybe you want to be in a Bible study yet you are juggling work, family, household responsibilities and maybe even caregiving. Time no longer seems to be your own. This very flexible Virtual Bible Study may be for you! Members read a Bible chapter each week. Connie Siskowski highlights some points in the chapter and participants voluntarily comment and share throughout the week as they are able. If you would like try this format, just email Connie and she will be happy to welcome you!
The Outreach Committee coordinates the funds to be given to charities throughout the United States and the World. The congregation has the opportunity to donate funds through the giving envelopes that are available at all the Sunday services. The following is just a partial list of some of the organizations our congregation supports:
The Outreach Committee meets the second Tuesday of the month in the Church Office Conference Room at 7pm.
Transitions provides support in preparing for death (annual seminars on preparing a will, etc); celebrating the life of a loved one in a memorial service; and remembering the life of a loved one. YOU can be a recipient of this loving ministry in your time of need or be on the Transitions team to help others in their time of need.
Lay Pastors is a global program that trains lay persons to help the Pastoral Staff provide distinctively confidential, Christian, one-to-one care for anyone who is going through a difficult time and in need of support. YOU can apply to become a lay pastor and help those in need. For more information, please email your questions to email@example.com.
An Intercessory Prayer Team meets on a regular basis to pray for the prayer requests from FUMC and the community. In addition there is an email group “Amazing Grace Prayer Group” that receives prayer requests through email. YOU can ask for prayers or be on one of the prayer teams by emailing Min.