FUMC’s Christian Progressives Book Group gathers once a month to discuss a book by one of the leading Progressive theologians at work today. Christian Progressivism occurs along a spectrum from liberal to moderate, and our book selections touch on all parts of the spectrum in an effort to create engaging conversation and strengthen our faith as individuals. If you’re already a Progressive or simply want to know more about what that means, we are a friendly, informal group and would love to welcome you.
For more information contact Claire Vande Polder at 561.757.5331.
We have found that to build real and authentic relationships with others it takes more than just seeing each other for an hour on Sunday morning, it involves “doing life” together. The first step is getting to know them more, and getting to know what it means to be in an authentic community. We launch new Connect Groups 3-4 times a year, which meet for 8 weeks to go through a study by Andy Stanley called, Community. After the groups finish building community within their group, they have the option to continue on meeting as a group. If you have questions about Connect Groups or our other small groups, or would like to sign up to be in a connect group, please contact Jill Haire at email@example.com or 561-395-1244 ext. 123.
Join us for a night of bowling and fellowship. Strikes Bowling is located at 21046 Commercial Trail, Boca Raton, FL (Just off Military Trail across from Boca Center). Hours are 7-9 pm the second Wednesday of each month. Cost is $10.00 for shoes and games and includes a $10.00 food card. Come join in on the fun and friendly competition.
Conversation and fellowship! Everyone welcome!
An open discussion held the first Tuesday and third Wednesday of each month at 7:00pm at the following locations:
First Tuesdays at The Biergarten, 309 Via De Palmas #90, Boca Raton
Third Thursdays at Barrel of Monks, 1141 S. Rogers Circle #5, Boca Raton
Contact Pastor Marcus for more information.
Our Couple’s Group is targeted to couples in committed relationships who desire to deepen their relationship with God and each other. Couples meet for Bible study and discussion on Friday evenings from 7:00 – 9:00 pm in the LEC Center Room, with an occasional potluck dinner at 6:00 pm in the Small Dining Room. Childcare is available upon request. Contact Rose Sunbury for more information.
* Men on Mission (MOM’s Group), led by Bob Phillips, is a group of men who get together over lunch for Bible study and personal reflection followed by a shower and laundry ministry to the homeless. The group meets on Tuesdays from 11:30 am — 12:40 pm in the Small Dining Room. All men are welcome!
* The Men’s Group, led by Tom Tift, is a diverse group of men who meet over lunch to pray, study, and grow closer to God and each other. Men are invited to join them on Thursdays from noon — 1:00 pm in the Followship Hall.
Hilton Garden Inn (Congress/I-95):
* 8:03 Breakfast Group, also led by Tom Tift, is a group of men who meet each week to provide support to each other in their walk with God. The group meets on Thursday mornings from 8:03 — 9:00 am but not during the summer months.
* Women’s Bible Study, led by Dyane Bolick, provides fellowship, Bible study and discussion. It is held on Thursday mornings from 9:30 – 11:30 am in the Small Dining Room.
* Spiritual Friends, a book review group, meets on Thursday mornings from 10:30 am – noon in LEC Building, 2nd floor. The group is informal, friendly, easy going and rotates leadership.
* Women’s Bible Study, led by Debbie Langston, meets over lunch for Bible study and discussion on Wednesdays from 11:15 am – 12:30 pm in the Fellowship Hall.